Monday, September 23, 2013

Tickets - FINALLY and Half Marathon Weekend!

What a weekend!  The weekend started and ended somewhat the same way - with high stress!  Friday morning my sister had her person for foster care come in the house in order to get it licensed so that once she moves in she can continue to do foster care!  This stuff always worries me mainly because I worry and that's just who I am.  Some day I may change it but probably not!  Towards the end of that process I FINALLY got it - I got our tickets!

OMG it's real!  It's serious!  We are moving overseas and will be leaving the USA for Abu Dhabi on Wednesday September 25th!  I still can't believe it!  It seems amazing that all this time that we've been waiting finally has a date on it and we will be heading out to start a different kind of life.  I used to think of every move as a new life and starting over but I'm finding that you never really leave the old life you only add to it.  And in this case B and I will be adding to our experiences.  I'm excited - she's nervous but I know it'll work out - one way or another!


And now on to Half Marathon weekend - which by the way I had no business running!  I was not trained, I had given up due to the job stuff and now I can say I completed it in 2:22 - not my best time but it's done and I ran it.  I completed it...and now I need to get my act together as I feel better when I run and can continue to grow my goals and determination.  Detroit did a GREAT job for their first Women's Half and 5k!  It was incredibly impressive and well organized.  That cannot be said for other races but this one it definitely can be.  I did get my first flower (B bought it - no seriously - she paid for it!)  And I bought her her first flower - of course now I need to get her a flower in training/blossom shirt.  But all in good time!  I  do need to thank my daughter and my friends - Juls and Katie who got up EARLY to come cheer me on during my run!  They were amazing and I am so grateful!  I really can't believe I finished it but now I have a new goal as there is a half marathon in Februaryish in Abu Dhabi that I plan on running and I WILL break my 2 hour mark!  That is after my blisters and toenails heal from this weekend!



No comments: