Thursday, September 19, 2013

Talk Like a Pirate Day & Random Thoughts on School

B LOVES most anything about pirates!  So on that note we plan on celebrating Talk Like a Pirate Day!  Last night we looked up different foods to make - Fish & Chips (Goldfish and potato chips) and tried to figure out what a pirate would love to eat.  Of course she gave a HUGE list of the parts she agreed on and the ones she wasn't a fan of...so we'll see how it works!  Plus she asked me to make a map for buried treasure - planning on working on that this morning but it's currently pouring outside so I'm guessing that may have to wait!

Since I was up this morning and listening to the storm - and really wishing I was on the beach watching it roll in, I decided to look into schools I can place B in when we get to the UAE.  She DESPERATELY wants to go to school and who am I to stop her?  As I'm doing my research I realize that there area  variety of British and US schools to choose from...the question is what do I do?  I'm tempted to put her in a British Curriculum school due to the abundance of them but I know she really wants her Spanish Immersion program still.  I'm tempted to do some more research on the differences but I'd also like to find an Arabic Immersion program for her as well.  This child LOVES her languages and who am I to stop her from learning?  As always I have more questions than answers and since I'm not sure of which city I'll be in it makes it a bit tougher to find out where I will be able to place her.  But the biggest question is which curriculum?  I have a feeling this will be a topic that plagues me for the next few months as I learn the differences and decide what I really think is the most important thing for her....



With all the changes in life I thought this was appropriate ;-)

This is known as KinderBells and the kids LOVED it!

In the Dog House - need I say more?

On top of a hill - spent lots of time running, rolling and crawling up and down!

Artprize has become a standard in Grand Rapids, MI.  ( http://www.artprize.org/ )  This is an amazing event where artists come from around the world to compete for cash prizes as well as get their work seen by over 400,000 people.  Each year we go and enjoy the art as well as the time of just being in the city.  Yesterday was opening day so B and I headed over to Frederick Meijer Gardens to get started...she was not that excited but the glass was amazing and I could not help but be proud to be from this area which hosts this event.  The next stop was the Gerald R. Ford Museum - we didn't make it in but as you can tell from the pictures we had a good time ;-)

No comments: