Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day

I never would have thought that my life could be altered by rethinking the world of food but it has.  B and I went to a Mother's Day breakfast this morning at a wonderful french place.  It has amazing fresh croissants, eclairs, pastries, etc!  Happily I did not have one - I did have one bite but not one whole croissant, pastry, etc.  Between being aware of what I'm eating and what my child is eating we are making small but important changes to our overall health!  This is amazing to me!  Plus I haven't missed a day of working out since I started April 7th!  This has been an amazing step for me.  I STRONGLY believe that every day is an opportunity to be successful and each success is measured any way you want it to be.


 I think this quote by Kara Groucher helps explain it all - the little successes in life is what makes it worth it.  It's not the race time finish - as much as they help!  It's the good run you get that one morning or the day when you feel every negative aspect just slide away as your workout goes the way you want it.  Life is a journey and each time you take a step forward there will be set backs.  That's the way life works - there's nothing wrong with it.  But the key is forgiving yourself and moving forward.

My greatest strength is building a support system that makes it possible.  Building that system is part of your success.  Being a mother to an amazing daughter is part of that.  At the age of 4 (today) she tells me "Mom I appreciate you". That is the greatest gift motherhood has given me to date.

No comments: