Monday, May 19, 2014

Learning to NOT hate my body...

This is the current theme of my life - I am at the lightest I've been since years before my daughter was born.  Yet I've never been more critical of myself as I am currently.  I love that I have been able to drop 17 pounds since January and have kept it off!

 In addition I am finding that I LOVE working out every day and have not missed a day since starting 21 Day Fix on April 7th.  As of today I have also started LesMills Combat and I'm loving every part of it!  Tonight I was also able to start MyYogaPro - a Kickstarter site that I came across through DoYouYoga.com - TOTALLY amazing!  Plus I've started a more clean eating type of diet for me and my daughter - all things to be proud of right?

 I wish, it seems that I'm more upset and critical of myself then before and I'm not sure why.  It would seem that the more inches I lose, the more weight I lose, the more I critique myself.  It doesn't make sense - I'm enjoying all aspects of working out and have even become a BeachBody Coach - I FIRMLY believe in the program and all aspects of support that they provide.

So new goal - coming up on a long weekend here in Al Ain - is to work on being happy with what I have - that is what we're taught and I'm trying to teach my daughter - to be happy with what we have been given.  I have abused and used my body for the last 30-something years (nope, not telling) I can't expect to undo that damage in the span of a few months.  Instead I need to take time and enjoy the process -

Mr. Magorium was a very very intelligent man and should be recognized as such - Life IS an occasion - our job is to rise to the occasion and enjoy the journey that gets us to that point.  That is what this weight loss/health journey is about.  My goal is to take the long weekend coming up, enjoy my workouts, my daughter and become more comfortable with myself and loving all parts of me again.

No comments: