Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Break Up

So last night the river broke up...which in Alaska is referred to as "break up". In doing that it officially signaled the end to winter....we hope! The good news is that most of the animals haven't realized it yet as there were 3 moose on the mini island who were trying to get to the other side...but they were stuck due to break up. What can I say we're easily entertained!!

And on to the rest of the day...so my morning is now a bit crazy as we lost power this morning...and when it came back on...the fire alarm went off. What a morning! So the kids are excited adding to the excitement over break up and we've got a day!

So I'm over half way packed and am in the process of trying to take everything up to the post office...but when I tried to do that yesterday the post office was too full and couldn't take our stuff. So hopefully we have better luck today!

Wish me luck this week!!!

No comments: