Monday, January 23, 2017

Blogging Concerns, Questions, Thoughts....

As we've now covered the halfway point of January, I'm looking my goals and trying to focus.  Every year I have goals I want to achieve and every year I get lost.  So this year I have a plan!  Of course, it's January so we'll see how long this plan works but it is all I can do.  The plan is laid out the following way:

1.  Set goals for this year.
2.  Set time frames for goals.
3.  Work towards goals.

Simple right?  Well, it sounds so much easier than it is.  But I'm working through it.  The first step was sending out query letters.  Right now I'm waiting on some editing notes and then I'll be able to send the query letters out with the books. I want to send the non-fiction to an agent while trying to get the other one published quickly.  Why you ask?  I want to start an income coming in.

Making an extra income writing is my goal.  I want to work from home and I want to have the flexibility to be with B at any given time.  So getting my books out there is a key step.  The next step is making an income off the blog.  I know it can happen but I don't know how.  So the research will start this week.  This week we will be able to gain some information so that I can work towards my dream of staying home.  The hardest part of this plan is to find information that makes sense to me.  (In other words, if you know anything please let me know!)

The next part of the plan is getting a bigger hold on my budget.  So B and I made budget binders yesterday.  I was able to help us both organize our finances into binders.  Today she gets paid for doing her chores and will start to keep track of her finances.  Since she can be the banker in the game of Life, she can be her own banker as well.  I think this will help both of us as we can work together towards the common goal.  Each day she learns more about life and goal setting the better off she'll be, at least that's my thought.

No comments: