Friday, October 10, 2008

My first FULL whale...






Ok so I finally was able to see a full whale...it had just gotten up from the ocean (ok so like I was an hour late....but it was still more whole than it had been when I was there on Monday! It was awesome! So now I can say I have seen a 35 foot whale which was found 11 miles offshore earlier today. The boat dragged the whale in at a HUGE 5 miles per hour...so it takes FOREVER to get a whale in from the Arctic Ocean. But I a bumming because they have dropped the whale carcasses (or what's left of them) out at the point so the polar bears are having a FABULOUS time eating! So enjoy the pics and there may be more but Whaling season will probably be over by the weekend as I believe our quota is like 10 and we're almost halfway there!

No comments: