Friday, April 22, 2016

April is almost over and what have I done?

It's true, April is almost over.  I'm not even sure what I've accomplished at this point.  I mean, honestly.  I did get the website up and running.  I've added twitter, facebook and instagram but I have yet to get a paying job through this.  I know it's coming but it's a struggle.  Each and everyday it's a struggle.
I do envy those people who get child support at times, I mean it would be amazing to get some financial support.  But at the same time, I see the heartache it puts the kids through.  There was just a post in one of my groups the other day that they hadn't heard from the dad since January and now he wants to make visitation arrangements over the summer.  I don't understand.  You can't just show up when you want.  I know I would struggle if that ever happened to us.
I don't think I would just hand over B to someone she doesn't really know, who doesn't keep in contact consistently with her.  It seems irresponsible and I understand why the courts do it but it doesn't make sense that they put kids' lives in danger.  This is a huge issue.  Kids are supposed to be protected and loved and cared for.  It seems that we protect them in the womb but we really struggle with protecting them once they get out.
I know the thought is that adults know what's best for kids but do they really?  Do they really have any understanding of what is best for all kids?  Do the courts?  Kids are pretty smart and perceptive but I wonder if anyone actually gives them the benefit of the doubt in these things.  I don't know.

No comments: